Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day #288 - Early to Rise

No alarms clocks were set and I was looking forward to sleeping in this morning. But alas, my three canine masters did not agree. Around 7 a.m. they appeared in my face. I had fallen asleep last night without locking them in their houses. I suppose it’s good to be needed - even if it is just to wake up and make their breakfasts. J

I promised Doc if he would do a few things around the house this morning, then I would go to Starbucks with him. He did a (very) few chores and then we leashed up the dogs (to get their nails trimmed) and hit the road. No coins at the bank ;-( One dirt penny in the planter at Starbucks. Then a quarter in the drive through lane. (Coins #1&2)

In the parking lot of the Post Office I dropped my little notepad. Bent down to retrieve it and found a run over penny (Coin #3). Penny at the pet store under a display (Coin #4). Penny at the exit doors of Sprouts grocery. (Coin #5).

When driving home Doc noticed no cars at the Taco Bell drive through. So he pulled over, I walked through. No coins there, but I quickly checked McDonalds as well. For a brief moment there was a break in traffic, so I managed one penny (Coin #6) before the line of cars was 5-6 deep again.

Meanwhile Doc did not stay in the van as instructed. He got out and walked the car wash. Found two at the vacuum pump (One was quite hidden by a hose). Then we

found two in a wash bay. (Coins #7-10).

Steve (son), Laura, and Ethan (grandson) dropped in unexpectedly for a few hours this evening.

It was nice to have a stay-at-home night to catch up with so many neglected things.


Today’s Total: 10 coins P (9), N (0), D(0), Q(1) = 34¢

No comments: