Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day #316 - Learn by Doing

Today was the second day of our L.O.V.E. work weekend. We did electrical wiring, satellite connections, cleaning … Around 3:30 PM things were getting a little tense so Doc declared it was time for a Starbucks run and Penny Finding lesson. We all hopped in the van for a ride. We again used the excuse that the driver’s side window on the van does not work, so I got out to pay and retrieve the beverages (and any wayward coins). I immediately spotted a dime, then a quarter. Bent to fetch those and saw a penny. Took a step back to see a bright shiny dime! (Coins #1-4).

After a few more hours of work, Doc wanted to watch football and Jim wanted to supply candy to the Trick-or-Treaters, so Charlene and I headed to the grocery store to get that chore off her To Do list. As we approached the entry door of the grocery store, I spotted a penny deeply stuck in a crack. (Coin #5). Inside the store after paying for our items, I couldn’t resist quickly searching the check stands. There was a penny in one aisle and when I retrieved it, I spotted a dime nearby. I noticed what could be a penny protruding from underneath a cabinet. Wasn’t sure even after looking closer. Finally bent down and pried on it slightly to obtain it. (Coins 6-8).

As we exited the store, Charlene was looking. I think since being directly exposed to Doc and I this weekend, she now has Penny Fever. She searched the cracks and found her very own penny! (Coin #9). Yes! Maybe Penny Finding is a teachable skill.

After everyone else went to bed, I checked emails, drafted some notes for the weekend Penny Tales and reviewed some of the statistical data for the website.

We just reached 1,000 Smiles on the Smile Counter! http://www.PennyFinders.com

Today’s Total: 9 coins P (5), N (0), D (3), Q (1) = $0.60

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Congrats on 1000 SMILES!!! Spreading the fever... this thing is contagious!