Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day #746 - Brewing

This morning we went to copy a few blueprints, then Doc stopped at Starbucks. He pointed to a penny in the dirt planter as he was placing his order. Then as we advanced in line, he spotted another penny and had me hop out to retrieve it. I didn’t see his penny, but saw another one, then another, then another, then another, and finally the one he was trying to show me! (Coins #1-7). When we finally arrived at the window, he reached for his coffee, while I opened my door to reach out and collect a dime. (Coin #8).

Today the lottery jackpot is over $350 Million, so Doc stopped to buy a ticket. I collected a 1947 wheat penny in the parking lot. (Coin #9)

We ate a quick lunch at home, then headed out to Monrovia for 15 sets of house plans. We stopped at the Duarte townhouse to retrieve some tools. In the planter next to the front door was a shiny penny. (Coin #10).

We fetched the van from the repair shop, then I headed for a haircut and Doc headed for petrol. He collected two dimes (Coins #11&12) and more steps on his pedometer.

This evening I spent time with a friend. Doc went to the 99¢ store (two pennies) and then the grocery store (two pennies and a dime). (Coins #13-17).

Total: 17 Coins P (13), N (0), D (4), Q (0) = $ 0.53

No comments: