Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day #753 - Directions

This morning I was online checking emails before Doc got up. One email came in which linked me to a website, then another, then another.

For months I have known that the Penny Finders website is out of date and that Penny Finders needs to be taken to a new level. Especially with construction beginning on the Penny Palace. I just haven’t figured out why or how or for what purpose? I have been asking the Penny Angels to give me directions.

This morning I saw a website and it just “clicked”. I was so eager to tell Doc about what I had discovered. When he came in my office I bubbled over. I was expecting him to say, “Great! Why don’t you investigate that further?” Instead he said, “You can’t spend any more money on Penny Finders. You keep putting money into it, yet you have never had a dollar come out of it. You have a house to build. You can’t waste more money on Penny Finders”. I was crushed.

I quickly changed out of pajamas and went for a drive. I needed to burn off some steam. I asked the Angels for Directions. Why don’t they speak in English? I headed for a wilderness park. It was closed due to the recent rains. Grrr… There was a walking trail nearby, but lots of cars and lots of people. I didn’t want to deal with people. Finally found a wooded area and walked.

***************

After that, I stopped at a shopping center to look for today’s penny. Walked through a grocery store searching all the check out lanes. No coins. I thought, “I should really be looking where I am walking instead of looking to the side for coins.” I turned forward and there was a penny right in the middle of the main aisle where I was walking! (Coin #1).

When I got back to the truck, I buckled up and started the engine. My attitude was still poor. I said, “Look Penny Angels, I don’t want to deal with people, I don’t like writing, I don’t’ know what to do with this ?? whatever you want to call it -- blessing, curse, non-business, daily obligation” (plus a few other choice thoughts). I looked out my window in order to back up the truck. The sun was shining brightly on a penny right next to the truck! (Coin #2). Attached message, “Proceed. We will be with you”.

***************

While I was out “burning” off steam and miles, Doc went to the townhouse to check on progress there. He collected a penny at McDonalds (Coin #3).

This evening Doc and I went out for some errands. We collected 7 pennies and one quarter at the various stops. (Coins #4-11)


Total: 11 Coins P (10), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.35

No comments: