Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, January 24, 2011

Day #766 - 29 and Falling

This morning Doc and I headed to Cal Poly Pomona early. I needed to submit a report and then a scholarship letter for a student. Since we had a 9:30 meeting back at our house with a gutter installer, the CPP trip needed to be quick.

The report was submitted in a timely manner, I waved hello to a few people as I passed their offices, and then was leaving the building. I was “nudged” to go see a colleague in his lab. He was on the phone, so I simply smiled and hugged him. As I was leaving, I found today’s penny (Coin #1).

I turned in the student’s form at the Financial Aid office and was headed back to the van. I could see Doc already at the car and waiting for me. I was walking briskly and with a purpose across the lawn - until I hit what most likely a gopher hole. Suddenly I was rolling on the ground, holding my ankle, and in great pain, wondering what happened? My very first thought was, “Please Angels, NO Crutches for construction!”

A student ran to my aid and Doc called on my cell phone wondering what the heck was taking me so long? I told him to look across the field on the ground. He graciously drove the van closer (so he wouldn’t need to carry me).

***************

On the way home, we stopped at Starbucks. Doc got his coffee while I collected a nickel and two dimes. (More dimes from yesterday’s request?) (Coins #2-4)

Fortunately I had my monthly physical therapy scheduled for this afternoon. What timing! A few hours of treatment and I should now be back on line. Meanwhile Doc went back to work. He collected 3 pennies at McDonalds where he got lunch. (Coins #4-7).

Lesson: Be thankful for things you DON’T have (like crutches)

Total: 7 Coins P (4), N (1), D (2), Q (0) = $0.29

No comments: