Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day #748 - Kick Off Day

This morning Doc and I stopped at Starbucks and the grocery store to get the ‘nourishment’ for the Kick Off meeting at the job site. There were no coins found. We were headed to the freeway and I said, “Penny Angels, you disappointed me. I expected you to provide toady’s coin so that I could Share that with the subcontractors at the meeting.” We were stopped at a red light. I saw something shiny. A coin? No. A bottle cap? No. A coin? Perhaps. But this was a Major street with lots of traffic in both directions. I looked in the side mirror to see all the traffic stopped at the signal behind us! It felt like the parting of the Red Sea. Doc confirmed: ”Safe to dive for it!” It was a quarter! (Coin #1). 25 has been such a special number on this project, so that made for a very good sign.

The Kick Off meeting at the job site was terrific. All the subs were EARLY and we began the meeting even before the 10 AM scheduled time. Imagine that! The Angels have assembled an incredible team.

By 4:30 I was exhausted (running on 3 hours sleep and fairly high energy output for the past three days). I took a quick nap. Doc went walking. He walked the high school parking lot where he collected 2 dimes, 6 pennies and a few thousand steps on his pedometer. (Coins #2-9)

Then he walked at the grocery store for 3 more dimes and two pennies. (Coins #10-14)

This evening Doc wanted to run to CVS for something. We got really adventurous and went to a different one than usual! There was a Smart & Final discount store next door so we walked over to that store. Saw a penny in front of the store in the drive area. Picked it up. Then Doc spotted a penny, then another, then I got one. It seemed they were popping out of the asphalt all around us! We were laughing and saying, “Reminder - You can’t find pennies in the dark”. It is our way of saying, “Don’t limit your thinking”. We collected 17 pennies in under 60 seconds. Coin Mine! (Coins #15-31)

We quickly stopped at a grocery store for bananas. Collected 1 dime and 2 pennies. (Coins #32-34). Saw a former student of ours so had a wonderful chat (and of course we Shared About Penny Tales).

Total: 34 Coins P (27), N (0), D (6), Q (1) = $1.12

No comments: