Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day #751 - Auto Angels

Today Doc wanted to go out for breakfast / lunch, so he enticed me by saying we would do some monthly planning. We had a nice meal and planning session, then went to a grocery store to find coins. There we found 5 pennies and 1 dime.

Later this evening when we did our weekly grocery shopping, we found one more penny.

Total: 7 Coins P (6), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.16

***************

This morning we had noticed that Pippy (my pickup truck) was listing to the right. She had a flat tire! Doc and I went out to deal with it. We were assessing things and trying to figure out how to lower the spare tire from under the truck. He was getting frustrated, I was reading the owner’s manual. Doc joked about calling AAA.

Our young neighbor and other guys were working on their automobiles in the driveway next door and in the street. I halfway thought, “Wouldn’t it be neat if they showed us or helped us with this task?” These did not look like the Boy Scout type of helpful kids (major tattoo coverings, piercings, clothing with interesting graphics). I laughed at my ridiculous thought.

I was shocked when Larry and his cousin Carlos came over and said, “Can we help with that?” They made the job look so easy! The tire was changed within minutes! Auto Angels! I gave them each a hug and Penny Card and thanked them for doing an ARK.

Lesson: Look beyond what you see on the surface of people and don’t jump to conclusions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is the like button here? Oh thats Facebook, but I would have hit like if there was such a thing on your blog :)
~Debbie Stone