Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day #964 - Windows



This morning we were out of the house by 6:15 a.m. to be on site for the window delivery. Doc stopped for coffee. I walked over to the nearby Carl’s Jr. drive up window. There was only one vehicle. I stood there for what seemed to be an eternity and the truck did not move. So I repeated several times out loud to the Angels: "Move that Truck, Keep the lane clear. Move that Truck, Keep the lane clear”. Usually at that hour there is a continuous line of cars. Finally the truck moved and it was clear for a good 4-5 minutes! I was able to swoop in and collect 7 pennies.

Doc and I arrived at the jobsite a few minutes early. The windows arrived at 7:01 Thankfully I had a nice spreadsheet prepared so I could verify each window and its location as it was lifted out of the truck. Window 29 (out of 50) was missing.

There was so much activity today. The kitchen ceiling light boxes were installed, dozens of outlet boxes put in, the library wall was framed, 9 windows put into place and much more. See the videos for a better understanding.

Doc made a quick run to McDonalds for lunch and one penny.

Total: 8 Pennies

No comments: