Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day #970 - Trellis Timbers

On the way to the jobsite Doc stopped at McDonalds. He got coffee; I got two pennies. Then Doc found a penny next to the van. (Coins #1-3). When we arrived at the jobsite, neighbor Craig was taking in his trash cans and spotted “a penny in the ants”! He called Doc over to see it. Doc found one penny in the Family Room of the new house. Again I think the workers are having fun with us and I will deem that a ‘planted penny’.

This morning Inspector Mike came by for a preliminary inspection. He really liked what he saw. He gave us a few things which we can work on while the stucco guy is wrapping the house. Once those items are done, we can request the official Combination Inspection. Mike said we needed additional radiant barrier in the attic gables, to switch out the 3” electrical pancakes for 4” ones, some foaming in the areas where sill plates have been bored through, and a few other details. He said for the real inspection we will need a weenie in the water line. He said the HVAC team did a good job and did not “choke the chicken”.

The framing crew raised the trellis timbers. Those look great. The electrical crew pulled more wires.

On the way home Doc and I stopped at a Tile store. I was hoping to find flooring tile similar to the one I have selected, but at a cheaper price. Instead, the ones I found were much more expensive than what I already had found.

This evening Doc went to school from 5-10 p.m. He stopped at Starbucks for a coffee, nickel and dime. (Coins #4-5).

I spent the evening creating various layouts for the floor tiles. I think I finally devised pleasing layouts in the two entryways.

Total: 5 Coins P (3), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.18

No comments: