Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day #981 - Too Hot


This morning as we left the house, Doc said, “We need fuel in the van, where should we go?” I replied, “To a gas station where I can get coins”. Just 2-3 minutes later I had my coins.. While Doc pumped fuel, I collected 3 pennies. When he finished fueling, he drove over to where I was coin searching. I saw the van approaching and said, “Penny Angels, how about one for Doc?” I began walking toward the oncoming van and found a dime -- Doc’s silver. (Coin #4)

***************

At 9 a.m. we drove out to the jobsite. At that early hour the temperature was already 98 degrees. The plumber said, “I’ll bet you only last an hour out here today.” I replied, “Ten minutes and I’m out of here! It’s Too Hot!” He was installing an additional hose bib on the deck and the venting for the tankless water heater.

Doc and I next headed out to the yard where cultured stones are manufactured. On the drive out there we saw a horse and rider out walking their camel! That was unusual.

The visit to the stone yard was grueling. It looked like a battlefield out there with crates of leftovers and broken stone pieces. It was Too Hot out there. The dust and heat were stifling, but I emerged with a number of samples to take home and play with.

***************

By noon Doc was in need of a tall cold one, so we headed to Jack’s. He concocted a huge “suicide” drink - Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper, Orange soda and root beer. I refilled my water bottle and collected two pennies. (Coins #5&6)

We were told of a lighting store that was going out of business, so we drove out to Yorba Linda for that. There were only a few fixtures remaining - nothing which we could use. But we did get a good idea for the kitchen shelves … That led to some good brainstorming as we were driving the freeway on the way home. I dropped Doc off, then headed for a local glass shop. Did some more brainstorming there. Things are “clicking into place”.

***************

My mom came over this afternoon to hang around our house because it was Too Hot at her house. At our house it was 111 degrees on the patio. That is Too Hot!

***************

This evening we ventured out and had a “date night” to escape the house and any work on the Penny Palace. Project Manager Daryl coordinates the annual Flashback fundraiser event in Glendora, so we headed there for dinner. As we were wandering through the classic cars, I was given a beautiful red rose by the local florist. Nice addition to our “date night”. Then we found a nice little restaurant where we could have a tasty meal and quiet conversation. Topics: What else? Of course, the Penny Palace. Then after dinner I found a flooring store to review some more flooring options. So much for escaping thoughts of the Penny Palace!!

***************

On the way home, Doc stopped at his mailbox and collected a penny as he hopped out of the van. (Coin #7)

Total: 7 Coins P (6), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.16

No comments: