Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, February 3, 2012

Day #1,141 - Boulders

We were in Tehachapi for a few reasons:

a) To have a Play Time with the nieces and nephews (it had been 6 months)

b) To give brother and his wife two

nights away together (it had been over 3 years)

c) To celebrate my mom’s birthday and give her a chance to be with the kids again

d) To see my brother's house which he is building (and compare progress stories)

e) To visit “my Boulders

After partaking of the hotel complimentary breakfast in the dining room, Doc and I headed for a grocery store to get flowers for my mom’s birthday. I collected a penny, Doc collected a dime. As we exited the store, HVAC Steve called in and as I was standing, talking to him, a penny appeared nearby. (Coins #1-3)

We may not have been at the Penny Palace, but that doesn’t mean we forgot about it. Next we went to Home Depot. I researched countertops while Doc investigated clothes washers and dryers. I think he selected the ones he wants. We found a dime there. (Coin #4)

At 3:30 we picked up the kids and headed for their construction site. Brandon gave us a tour of the house and barn. Then I visited my Boulders. I just wanted to visit with my rocks again. As you’ll recall, a dozen of the HUGE stones were trucked from the Penny Palace to brother’s house on Dec 2 because he didn’t have even a single boulder on the 20 acres. This also creates a sentimental link between the two houses. (See photo with the kids). Those rocks which looked so big at the Penny Palace looked like pebbles on his land.

For Girls Night, the two young ladies wanted All-You-Can-Eat Chinese food. After that we went to the hotel room and played games. At 8:30 Ashley wanted to go for a walk, so we ventured out. We collected a dime and two pennies at the Burger King drive-up window. (Coins #5-7). Then we cruised around inside Kmart for a birthday card and fun things.




***************

At the Penny Palace there was major concrete work going on. The painters were working on exterior trim. Plus the hole was cut through the street curb to drain water from the backyard. It just needs some piping to connect it to the rest of the drainage system.

Total: 7 Coins P (4), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.34

No comments: