Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day #1,145 - Unwrapped



When I arrived at 8 a.m., the concrete guys had already trenched a ditch to the street. They then ran the drainage pipe to connect the back yard to that hole which was bored in the curb last Friday. After that they cleared the front yard, moved dirt, chalked the score lines on the concrete and various other things.

At 10 a.m. Doc and I met with Grader Rick and Landscaper Rod. We laid out the plans to have the front yard completed by the end of the month.

The green construction fencing was taken away! The house can now be viewed by the street traffic. It is great to look out of the dining room and see more of the neighborhood.

Doc and I placed those sea shell blocks we created last week.

Just as I was leaving, Septic Craig dropped in. We had not seen him in months. In our meeting this morning we were wondering the location of the Septic clean out. Was it COINcidence that Septic Craig just happened to stop here today?

After 7(?) weeks we finally resolved the issue on the defective kitchen flooring. The company first offered to replace the vinyl. Not an option now that all the cabinets are installed. Plus that would add additional height where the material transitions to other flooring and we did not want that. Thus the company offered to credit the cost of all the material if we would pay for the labor.

***************

It was a full day at the site and I was eager to get home and catch up on some of the Penny Tale writing. Before getting on the freeway I made a quick stop at Walgreens to search for today’s coin. Rats! None found. While driving down the freeway, I said, “Look Angels, I’ll play your silly penny game and stop at just one more place, so do your stuff”. Near home I pulled into a 7-11 parking lot. I opened the truck door and there was a shiny shield penny. Done! I didn’t even need to go into the store. Thanks.

Doc found his two pennies when he went for coffee.

Total: 3 Pennies

No comments: