Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day #1,166 - Smiling Pants

This morning I was in a hurry to get to the medical office to have my injured toe X-Rayed. It has been 10 months now and it is not getting any better. As I hopped into the truck I got a call from a friend who needed a big favor - immediately. That took precedence. It was not a time-specific lab appointment and I eventually did make it for the x-ray.

Doc and I met the realtor and contractor out at Rental #2 (Paint Bucket). We conducted a walk through. He was supposed to be finished around Feb 15th. Looks like he has about two more weeks to go. Doc found one penny at the threshold from the garage into the house. I found a penny in the street as we were returning to the van. (Coins #1&2)

Evidently at the rental house I backed into some fresh wall paint - there was a white streak up my backside. Those were brand new pants! That was an $8 pair of pants which will now go from my “good clothing” category into “work garb”. Rats!

Stopped for lunch at Panda Express. Doc got a penny and a nickel as he stepped out of the van. (Coins #3&4)

No one else was working at the Penny Palace today. Doc and I put in a few hours on the tile stream and laid 2 more square feet. As I was wiping off some of the tiles, I sat back - right into my tray of tile adhesive! That put a white ‘smile’ on my backside. Working with the seat of my pants. When Doc came in I said, “Honey - I need a favor … could you wipe my butt for me?” It was good for a laugh.

On the way home Doc stopped for a coffee. I got a penny. (Coin #5)

Total: 5 Coins P (4), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.09

No comments: