Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day #1,159 - Role Reversal


On nights like tonight I can barely move. I certainly don’t FEEL like composing - a chore which I dread under even the best of circumstances. So I ask myself “WHY the H___ write these Tales?” This week several persons shared the challenges they are having in their lives. They say Penny Tales help lift their spirits. So for you my friends, I will share the escapades of the Penny Angels and the Penny Palace. May they bring you JOY.

***************

Yesterday tile Bob said he would begin a little later today (7 a.m.) so that I would have time to get my sleepy butt out to the jobsite. I gave him 30 minutes to set up before I arrived at 7:30. He had already placed a good number of tile, but was mixed up on some dimensions, so it was good I didn’t arrive any later.

The painters arrived around 8:30 and began acid washing the detached-garage floor.

At 9:30 the contractor from across the street came over and said they would be digging the pool today and would set aside some boulders as I had requested.

At noon the Slagle brothers arrived to work on the elf door, cabinets, and other finish work.

Spoke with our new neighbor to the South. That was a whirlwind conversation. At 1:30 Landscape Rod arrived with one of his students; yard and house tour time. He and Doc also ran the waterfall and confirmed it is loosing a great deal of water. Must be a broken pipe somewhere in the supply line. Not good.

At 2:30 Grader Rick arrived to take his backhoe to another job. Had him quickly fetch two huge boulders from across the street.

By 3 p.m. everyone had left except Doc and I. It was time to get serious about moving the STUFF out of the attached garage. I planned to clean for an hour until 4 p.m. and then take care of other errands.

For 3.5 hours Doc and I moved cases of tile, bags of mortar, sheet goods, crates, trash, cardboard, paint, etc. etc. By 5 p.m. I was exhausted (see video), but Doc kept pushing. This Role Reversal stuff was not much fun! By 5:30 p.m. I was almost in tears saying I could not take any more lifting.

At 6 p.m. a car pulled up. It was a gentleman who said he would like to buy a house in that neighborhood, would we like to sell ours? I told him the Penny Palace was not for sale. It was not merely concrete and lumber. There were miracles attached and there is no way to accurately price miracles.

***************

Doc and I finally left the Penny Palace at 6:40. We headed for a home improvement store to find a garage storage unit for Rental #1. We want to get the unit on-site by tomorrow morning.

At 7:30 p.m. we were both famished so went to a local steak house for dinner. That was actually a nice few quiet minutes together.

***************

I realized I had not found any coins today. So I walked next door to the grocery store and asked the Penny Angels to do their thing. I looked in each of the check out aisles and did not see any coins. Finally, at the last aisle there was one shiny penny. Done!

By 8:30 we were home feeding the dogs, making calls for tomorrow’s work session and responding to emails.

Doc found a dime and two pennies when he stopped for coffee this morning.

Total: 4 Coins P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13

1 comment:

JR said...

Thanks for continuing to write these things despite the beating your grammar might be getting by some disgustingly picky (and anonymous) people.