Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day #347 - Forced Find

There are some days where I just stare blankly at the computer screen saying, “Now What?” Today is one of those days. Conversation, “Penny Angels, you know I don’t really like to write, so can we please get this over with ASAP? Yesterday was a fun day to tell about. What is there to say about today?”

This morning Doc surprised me by heading South and straight to work - (versus heading North to Starbucks). He had me fooled. He detoured at the last minute to that newer Starbucks by campus. Fortunately I found a penny in the drive through lane just after he placed his order, then a dime at the window when I fetched his coffee. (Coins #1&2). Again, WE were trying to Force a Find versus just allowing a Find.

As I was heading to my noon meeting I spotted a penny at the vending machines. Went to retrieve it and noticed a nickel between two machines and back at the wall. I had never squeezed between the machines before. Exploring new territories ;-) Then I spotted an additional penny back there. (Coins #3-5) And then a crisp dollar bill! But it was behind the next machine and I would need 4 ft. long arms to reach it.

Back in September a student had told me “Maybe you should find coins for ONE year”. I told him “Maybe YOU should try finding coins for 3 days”. He did not meet my Challenge. But today he was standing there when I emerged from behind the machine. I told him to hold that spot while I ran back to my office to get my specialty coin retrieving tool - a back scratcher ;-)

He waited. I retrieved. (Find X) Fun. JOY shared.

Later this afternoon I needed to get a book to a co-worker. I only had 2500 steps on the pedometer, so a quick walk was needed. Found a dime and penny en route. (Coins #6&7).

Today’s Total: 7 coins P (4), N ( 1), D (2), Q (0) + 1 dollar = $1.29

Additional PennyFinders Updates:

§ 16 of the 25 Guidebook Stakeholder positions have been reserved. (5 payments in hand)

§ The Graphic designer worked on logos today and has proposed 9 ideas tonight.

§ The Guidebook editor submitted her changes to me at 3:30 this morning.

No comments: