Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day #354 - Going Abroad

11 more days until the One Year Penny Finding Mark!

General:

More Learning every day. Mandy is doing her best to squeeze in time to get the website features working (shopping cart for the Guidebook, payment features, automatic response letters, etc.) She is asking me about details: how I plan to pay sales taxes and all that stuff. Heck, a month ago I didn’t even have a business! Sure is a lot to learn - on an accelerated schedule!

My co-worker JR (Master of PennyFinding) has been away in Europe for two weeks. That is one reason I have been finding more coins at the vending machines. He returned today and presented me with his one and only coin found on the trip. A Euro 5 cent coin (which looks very much like a large penny) found in the streets of France. He also beat me to two quarters at the vending machines today and additional coins from the campus Starbucks.

As I was composing this message to you, an email came in from Twitter - a new person from Abu Dhabi is now following Penny Tales! That is exciting. PennyFinders is going international!

Penny Finding:

Two coins with no one in the vicinity with which to share. L

One penny at the vending machine and then another one under an outdoor table.

At noon I attended a Toastmaster meeting on campus to learn more about effectively communicating for the classes I will be teaching next quarter. (And for better conveying of Penny Smiles and Penny Principles). J That was a worthwhile hour. The topic for discussion was “Social Networking and Technology”. One of the questions to the audience was “What are some creative ways that Twitter or Facebook can be used?” I was called upon to give a 2-3 minute response. Talk about opportunity! I said I had JUST set up a Twitter account and was planning to establish a Facebook page because …… Penny Finders, One Million Smiles, Dec 19th, and here is my business card, check out the website! It was the perfect chance to SHARE the story. After the meeting, several people stayed to ask more about PennyFinders. J JOY shared. Smiles all around.

Thoughts: What fun to “download” for two minutes and have every person in the room smiling in the middle of their day. JOY! J Is this really the same person who, in college, would feel nauseated for a week beforehand if a 2 minute talk was assigned in class?

Today’s Total: 2 Pennies

1 comment:

Chaz DeSimone said...

Today's story really made me smile. I am thrilled that you got to plug PennyFinders at your Toastmasters meeting! And the fact that you've officially gone global...wow. Now it's clear the coins in the logo must be generic.