Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day #352 - No Shortcuts

Introduction:

13 more days to the One Year Mark! Can you believe it? Some of you have been aboard since LAST Christmas. What an amazing year of adventures with the Penny Angels.

Some of you know how I dread writing. This afternoon I took a 2-hr workshop on Spirit Guided Writing. I guess I was hoping for a shortcut. Maybe I could get Spirits to write directly for those Pesky Penny Angels. Get me out of the loop here!

No such luck. Other people in the class had drawings and words which came out. My paper was blank at the end of the class. Rats! Looks like I need to write the Tale directly.

********************

Today’s Story:

Yesterday Doc bought a dozen eggs saying, “we need to cook these at home.” Then this morning he said, “cooking takes too long, I’m heading for Johnny’s drive through. He got us each something. For him: bacon, ham, potatoes, eggs, and some pancakes. For me: a penny. (Coin #1)

This afternoon I needed to get out of the house and get more little zip-close baggies to catalog the daily PennyFinds. Doc just had to stop at 7-11 for a coffee (and to look for coins). Neither one of us found any in the parking lot or around the coffee or check out area. Rats! I did a loop around the entire counter area and spotted a penny by coming at it from a different angle. Then Doc found one between two tall stacks of soda cases. Now just how does a penny get itself into such a predicament? (Coins #2&3).

At the office supply store, Anthony was very nice and was taking my ink cartridges for recycling. As he was dealing with those, I spotted a penny, cheered, gave Anthony a business card, and Shared the Story. Later when checking out, Doc and I found a dime and penny in a closed lane. (Coins #4-6)

We quickly went next door to the CVS Pharmacy where Doc got more throaties. I spied a penny under a rolling cart, so my ‘gallant knight’ pushed aside the obstruction so that I could retrieve the penny and the next one and the next one. (Coins #7-9). We do have fun with all this playfulness.

No lessons are coming to my mind right now. Anything there for you today?

As soon as I wrote that sentence, I had the following thought:

You can’t take shortcuts or hand off what YOU have been called to do.

Do you ever want to tell the Angels to stop being so intrusive?

Today’s Total: 9 coins P (8), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.18

No comments: