Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day #375 - Fishy Dinner

Today was a “work day” both at school and for PennyFinders. On the way to work Doc tossed me out at the In-N-Out Burgers to search for coins while he went across the shopping center to get cash at the bank. Within one minute I found one hosed down penny at the eating area and then a drowned dime on the drain cover by the drive up window. Just one slight movement and that dime would have been a goner.

I detoured for just 1-2 minutes through the grocery store on my way to meet up with Doc at the bank. No coins. Disappointing. I walked past the entrance three times - before I found a dime!

After a few hours at work, I needed a break. I walked around the vending machines. Nothing. Not surprising since the campus has been shut down since Christmas Eve. I went through the study room to ensure there was no rotting food or anything amiss. It looked as it had on Christmas Eve when I went through there. The chairs were up on the tables and it looked as if no one had been there. I walked around the deserted room and said, “Hi Penny Angels. I carefully checked this room for coins a few days ago, looks like no one has been here. I have just looked through this room carefully once again and see nothing, so I am now leaving. It would be really funny if you just made a coin appear”. As soon as I uttered those words, there was a shiny penny a few feet in front of me out in the middle of the white floor where I had just entered the room! Talk about a Mushroom Coin!

This evening Doc and I drove 45 minutes to Pasadena to feed our son’s fish. We stopped to get a take-away meal so that we could have dinner with the Grandfish. While we were waiting for our order, we walked across the street to the CVS store. Doc found a penny in the parking lot and I found a gold-colored coin the size of a penny at the pharmacy window. Could not tell what it was. Under a magnifying glass it appears to be a commemorative coin from a Mexican church? I found a shiny penny while crossing the street back to our parked van.

Today’s Total: 6 coins P (4), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.24 + church token

Lesson: The same one we have seen before. Verbalizing our requests seems to produce results. So why don’t we do it more often?

No comments: