Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, June 11, 2010

Day #539 - Bug Off

This morning I really was not thinking about coins. As I passed by the vending machines when approaching my building, my thoughts were elsewhere. I saw something silver out of the corner of my eye. I glanced briefly, but continued walking away, saying “that is just the leg of the vending machine”.

Nudging: “Are you Sure that was not a coin?”

Tina: Yes, and I am in a hurry because I am late to a meeting, and frankly I don’t care about finding a coin at this moment. Talk to me about it later. Not now.

Nudging: “Check on it”.

Tina: “I don’t want to”

Nudging: “Do it Anyway”

Tina: “Bug Off

Nudging: “You know you need to check it”

I turned around, got down and retrieved the nickel, then ran to my meeting. (Coin #1)

This afternoon when I left work, I was deep in thought as I walked through the parking lot. I almost walked right past the penny without noticing it. (Coin #2)

On the way home I stopped to get some greeting cards. The young ladies in front of me at the check out line were standing on a penny! How could they NOT see it? (Coin #3)

Doc had another Sit-N-Find (or should I say Sit-N-Grab) coin. He drove through an El Pollo Loco for his chicken dinner and managed to reach out and pick up a nickel off the ground without even leaving his seat! He has employed that technique several times in these past few weeks. The Long Arm of the Doc!

Total: 4 Coins P (2), N (2), D (0), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: