Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day #555 - Seeking "Up"

This morning I promised Doc that I would go with him for coffee AFTER we finished cleaning pond filters, hosing the front of the house and a few other chores. At 10:30 AM we headed out. Doc had a Median find within the first few miles. It was at a stale red light, so he really had to scramble, to put the car into park, unbuckle, retrieve, rebuckle, and get back into gear -- all within just a few seconds. (Coin #1)

No coins found at Trader Joe’s or the strawberry stand, so we pulled into a new 7-11 store to search. I emerged with MY penny for today (Coin #2).

***************

This evening at the grocery store there was a dime as we walked in, then a penny and a nickel by the coin counting machine (which took some really creative efforts to extend my reach by several inches), a penny at checkout, then a dime by the DVD kiosk as we were leaving. (Coins #3-7)

***************

We had never rented a movie from a DVD kiosk, but were considering it for tomorrow night when the kids will come for a sleepover. This store did not have the desired movie: “UP”, so we headed to another grocery store to seek it.

Doc found a nickel outside the next store half hidden underneath a construction fence. There was a penny as we walked in, but a customer standing over it. So I waited politely for him to move, then scooped it up. I just smiled at the cashier and said “Today’s Penny”. He gave me the questioning look, so I told him the story and gave him a Penny Card. He didn’t think I was telling the truth about Day #555. We had fun with him and assured him we were telling the truth. By that time Doc felt guilty and bought a coffee just to purchase something. We then spotted another penny and a dime! (Coins #8-11)

Total: 11 Coins P (6), N (2), D (3), Q (0) = $0.46

No comments: