Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, June 25, 2010

Day #553 - Progress

This was a Furlough Day at work, so we used the time to accomplish various tasks. Our first stop was for blood tests. The second stop was for breakfast - after 14 hours of fasting it was time for a Doc Feeding! After breakfast I walked next door to the gas station in order to find a penny. One found at the pumping area. (Coin #1).

Doc was not satisfied that I had found a penny and he had not. So he stopped at a CVS store to look for his penny. Meanwhile I went next door to the Smart & Final Store to look for coins. We each returned to the van with a penny in hand. (Coins #2&3)

At 11 AM we met with the architect to begin the responses to the City Requirements. Nothing insurmountable, just need to work through things. By Noon we emerged and were heading home. While stopped at a red light Doc looked out his window to the median strip. I teased him, “You are such an addict! You have Penny Fever!” I then looked out my window, shouted “Penny!” and began to open my door. Doc held my leg and said, “too much traffic”. I hesitated, looked for oncoming cars, then made the dive. (Coin #4)

***************

This evening we had a “date” to visit one of our former students. He is currently building a house very similar to what we are planning. He has been asking us to visit the construction site for several months. Tonight we did. What an inspiring time! Liked the style, floor, cabinets, paint colors, kitchen and overall feel of the home. It was motivational. (Especially to hear all the hurdles they have overcome). We also met his Project Manager and chatted with him before he left - that was definitely worthwhile. Nice timing!

On the way home, Doc insisted upon stopping at Starbucks for a coffee to go with his dinner. I checked out the drive through window and collected a dime and a quarter! (Coins #5&6). Then I walked through the Del Taco window to collect a dime and penny (Coins #7&8). Those were encouraging signs after visiting that construction site.

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.50

No comments: