Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day #558 - On Vacation

No appointments this morning, so we were free to sleep in, have a leisurely breakfast, work on a jigsaw puzzle, and just “hang” together with the kids.

In order to get ready for our day, Doc took his shower and then it was my turn. As I got out of the shower I noticed the toilet bowl had not refilled, so I flushed it again. This time it filled… and filled … and filled … and didn’t stop! I grabbed the dogs’ water bowl and started bailing while yelling to Doc (who was downstairs): “Doc! Bring rags and the toilet plunger but NO kids ‘cause I don’t have clothes on!” He brought the stuff and went back to the kids while I dealt with the ‘project’. (No picture attached). Funny in hindsight, but not at the time.

**************

The kids wanted to go to Starbucks for vanilla steamers. We stopped at the gas station where we found our first penny (a very shiny 2010 shield penny). (Coin #1). Brandon also found a nice bracelet.

Doc now has the kids addicted to Starbucks just like he is! The kids and Doc each got their drinks; I found a penny. (Coin #2). We spent the next hour reading books at Borders Bookstore. Then we stopped at Subway for sandwiches to eat with the salads we already had at home. Penny #3 was on the floor there. As we walked outside, Ashley collected Penny #4.

**************

We returned the kids mid afternoon - with anticipation of our next sleepover and adventure …

Then we went home, finished off the jigsaw puzzle and took a nap!

Total: 4 Pennies

No comments: