Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, June 14, 2010

Day #542 - Called to Serve

This evening I was wondering what to write. On some days there does not seem to be any “attached message” with the coins.

I checked emails to find a message from a dear friend who is a little overwhelmed by his workload. He is one who pours heart and soul into his students. I was telling him how sometimes we are just “Called to Serve” although it may not be easy, fun or logical on a daily basis.

I feel as though we are here to serve -- as if we were on a Peace Corps mission. We come into a situation, give heart and soul (plus blood, sweat, and tears) and somehow believe we have made a difference. When our “assignment” is finished we will happily, as well as tearfully, return to our “real home” and the comforts we have temporarily been living without.

***************

Today, in all honesty, I’d had enough of school. I just did not want to go there! So I stayed at home to work on student assessments and other things. Plus, I woke up with a sore throat so I think my body was saying “time out please”.

By 5 PM I realized the need to get out of pajamas. How would I find any coins by staying at home? So I headed out. There were two cars at the Carl’s Jr. window, but I had a ‘nudging’ to look there. So I parked my truck waited for the cars to leave, then swooped in for coins. Found three pennies. (Coins #1-3).

After that, I went next door to the thrift shop and spent nearly $15 on one blouse, two purses, three CDs and one basket! That is not a good cash flow diagram.

***************

Doc spent his day grading Final Exams. For dinner, he stopped for a chicken dinner and was disappointed to not find any coins. So he drove through the high school parking lot. He spotted a Sit-N-Find penny. When he hopped out to get that one, he spotted a second penny. Then as he began to drive away, he spotted a nickel! (Coins #4-6)

Thought: What are YOU called to do? What are YOUR talents? How can YOU serve?

Total: 6 Coins P (5), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.10

No comments: