Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day #550 - Happy Feet

The day began with driving my mom to a 7:15 AM dentist appointment 40 miles from home. Getting up at 5:15 is not a reasonable way to start the day! Mom is missing many teeth, so we teasingly told her it is time to take care of some of “the holes in her head”. While sitting in the waiting area, I felt grateful to have all my teeth. Then a lady came in with two amputated legs - and I had been grumbling about a little early morning drive? My attitude was sure adjusted!

Meanwhile Doc and Sparky went for coffee and cash at the bank. Doc collected 3 pennies.

***************

After getting Mom some lunch and depositing her safely back at her home, I headed to work. I was “nudged” to pull into CVS. I argued with the Angels, “Look - I need to get to work. Don’t bother me now”. Again the nudging. My response. “What is the likelihood of finding coins - pretty slim don’t you think?” Nudging, “Maybe not”.

I entered the CVS and didn’t see any coins at all. I was ready to leave when I spotted a penny at the copy machine. I bent to retrieve it and spotted a second penny! (God’s 2¢ worth).

***************

This evening after work Doc wanted to stop for a Chinese foot massage. I walked the parking lot in front of the bagel shop drive up window. I slowly walked one direction and searched carefully. Nothing. I glanced back with disappointment and spotted a very shiny penny! (Asphalt Mushroom).

After a one-hour foot massage we emerged with Happy Feet!

Chomp on this thought: If you have teeth and feet, be grateful for them. Visualize for just one moment what it might be like without them. Wiggle your toes and be Happy!

Total: 6 Pennies

No comments: