Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, October 11, 2010

Day #661 - Quick Change

Doc and Sparky began their day with “guy time” and a quick trip to Starbucks. They spotted change at the drive through window and quickly collected it. They brought home 3 dimes and one quarter. (Coins #1-4). Doc noted the abundance of dimes yesterday and today.

***************

Over the weekend, I reviewed the Grading Plans and continued refining the House Plans. A good percentage of the “plans” consists of pages of notations and governing requirements - not really drawings.

I left a message for the architect to see if she could meet with us today regarding some changes. No call back this morning, so I just kept making calls and doing other things. Then I checked my email again: Yes, she could meet with us, but it had to be done before her late-morning conference call! Doc phoned her to say we were on our way. Within 20 minutes I went from pajamas and smeared mascara, to sitting at her conference table trying to look professional with a typed agenda and edited plans! (Keep in mind that 12 minutes of the time was for driving)! Yes, I showered, brushed hair and teeth, etc. It sure made for an exciting morning.

***************

After the meeting with the architect, we stopped at the office supply place to make photocopies for the air conditioning bid. No coins there, so we quickly went next door to Target. Two pennies there (Coins #5&6).

By then, Doc was hungry, so we made a quick trip to McDonalds. He drove through while I hopped out and walked the nearby self-serve car wash. I started a SingSong: "Hey Penny Angels won't you come out to play"? That's as far as got before there was a penny in my path. (Coin #7) There were also two plastic dimes there!

Doc went to school to prepare for this week’s classes. The rest of my day (until after midnight) was spent on the phone and emails with numerous new house-related persons. Isn’t email great? I can ‘work’ with the subcontractors at all hours!

Total: 7 Coins P (3), N (0), D (3), Q (1) = $0.58

No comments: