Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day #674 - Connections


This morning was our monthly work session on the 1938 Chevy. Of course Doc needed to meet with son, Brian for coffee at the Coffee Klatch before they could do any work.

The two guys connected the overflow tank. Then they DROVE to a gas station actually fuelled the car! Wow. GREAT Progress!

Doc got 1¢ at the gas station, then 3 pennies at the auto shop when they stopped for gas additive. (Coins #1-4)

We had all dedicated the morning to work on the Chevy, but that went really quickly. So Brian then connected our new sprinkler controller, helped me figure out how to connect my laptop computer from school and other little things. GREAT Progress!

By 11:15 AM Doc and Brian needed another coffee, so it was off to Starbucks this time. I went along to see if we could get the laptop connected there. Yes, we did!

***************

I needed a coin for today, so Doc and I ventured next door to the CVS pharmacy where we checked our blood pressures and I collected a dime. (Coin #5)

This afternoon Doc graded papers, watched football, had guy time with the dogs, etc.

I worked on the planting diagram and some other things for the new house.

***************

At 7 PM we headed out for our usual Sunday night tri-store tour. At Trader Joe’s we were checking out when I noticed a penny near the cashier, Steven. He asked if we had found everything we needed. I replied, “except for that penny next to you which I would like to get”. (Coin #6) I traded him for a Penny Card and told him the Penny Finding Story. He smiled. He said, “I guess that really just shows How Connected we All Are”. How true. And moments after we spoke, I found a penny to validate his comment. (Coin #7) Of course I turned back and showed Steven. How many times has that’validation’ occurred as I am telling someone?

At the final store we found a penny as we entered, then two more pennies each in separate check out lanes. (Coins #8-10).

Total: 10 Coins P (9), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.19

No comments: