Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day #673 - Open Doors

Although almost all of the day was focused on the new house, I took two hours “off”. Once a year the City of Claremont has a Village Venture with hundreds of booths. So I decided to just forget about the new house for a little while. Of course, on the way to the Fair I did stop and investigate pricing on the cutting of the 100+ rafter tails.

When I arrived at the fair I said, “Hey Penny Angels, let’s get the coin finding out of the way so that I can just relax, OK?” Within the first 2-3 minutes of arrival, I found a Quarter! I enjoyed 1.5 hours of looking at everything, then decided I would rather get home and work on house stuff. (Coin #1)

***************

Meanwhile Doc went to McDonalds for breakfast, 2 dimes, and three pennies. (Coins #2-6)

Then he went to the hardware store to get a part for tomorrow’s 38 Chevy work session. Penny on the sidewalk. (Coin #7)

***************

At noon Doc and I headed to Murrietta (65 mile drive) to work with Annette a door “consultant” (sales rep). She was fantastic! Helped us select all 31? doors (I think almost no two are alike!) And she advised us on the elf door, dog door, and garage doors as well! We played with the displays - opening doors, sliding doors, turning locks, and having fun.

We worked with Annette until 5:45! (45 minutes after the store closed). Then we went for a nice dinner. Found a penny behind the van when we returned to the car. (Coin #8)

Today lots and lots of open doors!

Total: 8 Coins P (5), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.50

No comments: