Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, October 25, 2010

Day #675 - Keepin' Busy

Penny Days with numbers evenly divisible by 25 sure seem to be extra good days.

Woke up and started running hard this morning! Phone calls and emails non-stop. A GREAT call with a concrete subcontractor from 10:15-10:45 who gave us lots of advice. He suggested we call a framer which we then did. Met with that framer from 12:30 - 2:00. Wow! He gave us lots of good ideas as well. And I gave him a Penny Card in exchange!

Then Doc headed to school. I headed to the Habitat for Humanity ReStor to look for anything interesting (light fixtures, tile, bath fixtures, locks ….) That was my ‘break’ for today. I did a SingSong in the parking lot. There was a penny by the time I reached the cash register (Coin #1).

The next stop was Lowe’s to research entry doors, carbon monoxide alarms, laminate counter tops, faucets, etc. No coins there.

A door and window shop was the next stop. I found a really neat rustic bench made out of wagon wheels. Should have taken a photo of that for you. Wanted to get it, but not sure where I could store it.

I arrived home at 5 PM to assemble things for our 6 PM meeting with the Landscape Architect. Doc arrived home at 5:15 with a dime he had found outside his office. (Coin #2)

At the Landscape Architect’s office there was a penny next to his display board. It was a good omen. I did ask permission before taking that coin. (Coin #3) The front yard will look great with a wagon wheel and that rustic bench …. I’m anxious to share it with you.

Now I need to go work on some kitchen cabinet sketches. Good night!

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: