Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day #676 - Intended Receiver

Sometimes even though I am searching diligently for coins, the Angels intend for others to be the receivers.


The morning was spent on new house phone calls and emails. Then at 1 PM I had a meeting here at home with a cabinet designer and window rep. It was really good for them to see this house and the Aussie bedroom and the Garden bathroom, etc. That way I could say, “Pick this room up, stretch it a few feet, then plop it back down in Alta Loma”. It was a fun work session.

***************

At 4 PM I headed out to a different blueprint printing shop. I only had electronic files, so needed to try a new place. It was less than ½ mile back to the freeway, but there was this sign which said “discount flooring” so I just had to detour ….

I spent 30 minutes in the flooring place. I was leaving and the sales rep asked if I would be returning. I replied that I didn’t know since I had not found a penny there. J I told him I really needed one for today. Of course I gave a brief explanation and gave him a Penny Card. There was a young gal listening to the story as well. On the way to my truck I was searching for pennies. The gal saw me, so I playfully said, “Yes, I am searching for today’s penny.” I told her that many times just after I have shared the story, the Penny Angels will validate it by manifesting a penny. Laura replied, “You mean like this one”? as she pointed to a spot on the ground. (Mushroom coin)? I had just stepped there and searched in that area. I guess Laura was the Intended Receiver, not me! That was GREAT! Laura said she would now continue looking for pennies. Penny Fever is spreading!

That was great for Laura, but I did not have a coin yet today. I looked up at the freeway overpass and the cars were at a total standstill. I saw the big WalMart across the street and figured I might as well stop to get today’s coin. So I parked the car and did a SingSong while walking across the parking lot. “Hey Penny Angels won’t you come out to play”? “On second thought, I’m going to up the request today. I don’t need a penny. I’d like to request something more please. I walked into the WalMart, passed a few cash register stations, collected my dime, and was out of the store in under 2 minutes. The Angels do listen!

***************

This evening I am working on more house stuff. I just called Doc at school (after 9 PM). He collected two dimes at Starbucks this morning. So the Penny Angels gave him more than pennies as well. I did say it was OK if they did not deliver a penny, but something greater.

Doc came home after 10 PM when I had just written the first draft of Penny Tale. He blew my story of all silver coins today. He stopped at McDonald’s on the way home and collected lots of calories and two pennies!

Total: 5 Coins P (2), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.32 + one Manifested Penny

No comments: