Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day #716 - Appraiser

Today we were recovering from yesterday’s severe case of Penny Fever. It kept me up until nearly 5:00 this morning. We took things just a little slower today.

We found the first two pennies at a self-serve car wash. (Coins #1&2).

We were headed to our 3 pm meeting with the Bank’s Appraiser at the building site. The loan can not proceed until we have an estimated value of the new house. Doc stopped for a Starbucks coffee. Since there was no drive-through window, Doc instructed me to “Get out and Find!’ I walked over to the Chick-fil-A store and found 2 pennies and a quarter at the drive through window. Then I found a penny by the entry doors of a bank. (Coins #3-6).

Our meeting with the Appraiser was very short. We quickly looked at the plans and walked around the site.

On the way home we stopped at the grocery store. Three pennies in various places. (Coins #7-9). Doc wanted to get cash at the bank, so we went there next. While he retrieved paper money, I ran next door to the grocery store to search for coinage. Found a penny and a dime (Coins #10&11).

Yes, I realize that we just need a nickel to Hit for the Cycle today. But tonight I would rather have sleep than to go out in the rain searching for a nickel.

Besides, Doc is working on preparation for his Final Exams and I have emails and memos to generate for several subs, the architect, etc.

And we still need to log in all the coins from November finds..

Total: 11 Coins P (9), N (0), D (1), Q (1) = $0.44

No comments: