Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, December 27, 2010

Day #738 - Mishmash

The day began with breakfast out. We enjoyed some time with our friends of 40 years who were in town from Sacramento. While paying for our breakfasts I said, “Last time we ate here with you, we found a coin, let’s look today.” Sure enough, there was a penny under the counter. (Coin #1)

After that, Doc headed to Pasadena to help our son mix and pour concrete. I headed to the Duarte townhouse. I got a call saying that the environmental testing person would be in that area this morning. The weather today was gorgeous so it would be a good day to get the mold testing done. That was easy and fast to do. Turns our that Erin is an avid Penny Finder which made the meeting even more fun.

***************

On the way home I made one quick stop. There were leaves all over the parking lot. I said to the Penny Angels, “With all these brown leaves, it would be almost impossible to see a penny here.” At which point I nearly stepped on one. (Coin #2).

Thought: Almost impossible, but nothing is impossible. Sometimes unexplainable, but not impossible.

***************

This afternoon I met the rep from the electric service company out at the new house site. We discussed the temporary power for construction as well as the design of the power for the new house. More progress!

Doc worked all day on the concrete job, then stopped at McDonalds for a 2-burger “snack” on the way home. He also collected his penny for the day. (Coin #3)

***************

Here is a letter from a Penny Pal in Australia:

Them pesky little Penny Angels nudged me to weed the lavender bed after the thunderstorm which had just passed, ho, them pesky little coots, pointed to a 20 cent piece on the grass, beaming at me. Lo, the Penny Fever spreads!

Total: 3 Pennies

1 comment:

Chaz DeSimone said...

Yes, another fun blog post. Don't you dare take me off your list, Tina!