Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day #723 - Priorities

Had more photos printed out at Target, so took a mid-morning break to run over there. Doc found his penny by the jewelry counter. Note - he was obtaining coins there, not spending coins there. (Coin #1).

Then we went to Michael’s Crafts for some scrapbooking paper. I found a penny in the parking lot and then Doc collected a penny under a bench. (Coins #2&3).

When we arrived home, Doc found a quarter on our front lawn! (Coin #4)

***************

At 10:30 PM I sat down to begin writing Penny Tales. The phone rang. It was a friend who needed to talk. For the next three hours my energies were focused there. The love and energy typically spent on Penny Tales was used elsewhere. By 2 AM I could only make a few phone calls, and prepare for this morning’s pre-grading meeting with the City Engineer.

There are some things more important than Penny Tales.

***************

Quick debrief: Last night while doing our typical Sunday night grocery shopping, Doc found a nickel at Trader Joe’s. (Coin #5) As we were driving to the next grocery store he said, “I just need a dime to Hit for the Cycle”. As we entered the grocery store I said, “Got It!” and he knew just what I meant. (Coin #6) As we exited the store, Doc walked in a direction away from the car. He collected a dime and a 1951 wheat penny! (Coins #7&8). He was excited because he had obtained the four required Hit for the Cycle coins all by himself!


Total: 8 Coins P (4), N (1), D (2), Q (1) = $0.54

1 comment:

Lead Like a Girl said...

Yep, sometimes people have to take priority over pennies. You are a good friend to shift & listen when your friend needed you...and I'm sure the Penny Angels will reward you kindly in the days to come!