Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day #776 - Free Facial


Doc and I so very much wanted to be pouring concrete for our new house by this week. The bank kept us from doing that. Our son took full advantage of our yearnings and had us mixing and working 36 bags of concrete at his house today!




Women spend a fortune on fancy mud facials for an hour or two. I got a whole day concrete facial treatment - for free! What a deal!

***************



As we were driving home from our day of mixin’ and workin’, we were stopped at a red light. Doc said, “There’s a penny in the median beside me.” I could tell his body was achy and he was deliberating whether or not to go for it. Then he spotted a second penny and there was no longer a choice. He unbuckled his seat belt and dove for them! He came back with four pennies! (Coins #1-4).

As we traveled further, I spotted a shut-down Arby’s. Remembering Day # 750 (where Doc went wild at the shut-down KFC), I had Doc pull in there. No coins were found. Disappointing.

I needed a coin for today, so when we spotted a Taco Bell with no cars in line, I quickly walked through there to collect a nickel (Coin #5).

Doc stopped at a KFC to get his dinner and I collected a dime and a penny. (Coin #6&7).

Tonight’s #1 Desire: A shower to get the concrete dust out of our hair!

Total: 7 Coins P (5), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.20

1 comment:

Mandy said...

funny picture of you with the concrete