Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day #793 - Adopt Me

This evening we visited our usual three grocery stores for our weekly shopping. At the first store I found a penny at a closed register. (Coin #1) Two young employees gave me a questioning look as I dove for the coin on the rubber floor mat behind the counter. That act warranted an explanation, so I gave them each a Penny Card and 60-second story. Shared Joy.

At the second store while I was paying for the groceries, Doc wandered off and found a dime. I collected two pennies from under the coin return. (Coins #2-4)

At the third grocery store, there were four shiny new shield pennies and a quarter at a closed check out line! Then penny and a dime elsewhere. Then two more shiny pennies at check out. (Coins #5-13)

Total: 13 Coins P (10), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.55

This afternoon I did a “Boulder Layout” for the property and diagramed where to put a few “big rocks”. I found places for maybe 40 of them. Additional ones will be up for adoption.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It looks like you have a million rocks up for adoption!!!
One penny found right at my car door when I came back from buying dog food!
Found a dime and a penny yesterday. I'm challenging the angels to show me a penny each day!