Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day #782 - Loan Signing

The weather today was so perfect I would not be able to describe it to you. Unlimited visibility. Picturesque. It definitely set a beautiful backdrop for the day’s activities.

This morning we were at the escrow office when it opened at 8:30. Of course, Doc stopped at Starbucks where we each collected a dime. (Coins #1&2). We were a few minutes early, so I walked the parking lot. Found a quarter! (Again the number 25 appeared). (Coin #3).

The next 2 hours were spent inside the escrow office “sorting out” some of the glitches in our file, reviewing the dozens of documents, signing, notarizing, and making payments. By 10:30 our loan package was ready to return to the bank. By the end of the week, it should be funded and the Deed should be recorded. Then we may begin construction!

NOTE: A BIG Thank You. Many of you read yesterday’s Penny Palace Update and were sending love and energy (plus a few choice words) to assist in overcoming the Loan Process Obstacles. Last night and this morning some serious scrambling was done. I could not believe how the “wrinkles” were ironed out today. Strong forces at work!

***************

***************

This afternoon I arranged for the surveyor to begin Saturday and the grader to begin Monday. We met with Daryl (Project Manager) from 2-3 PM and listed some action items for the next few days: Get construction fencing, Implement erosion control, Rent portable toilet, Install temporary power pole, Get rubbish bin, Remove two large trees, Connect water faucet, Cap off sprinklers, Rent metal mud plates, etc., etc.

***************

This evening Doc and I had a meeting in Irvine. Since we were a few minutes early, we did a bit of Penny Finding when we got off the freeway. I said we needed a penny since we only had silver coins so far today. As I hopped out of the van at the 7-11 store I did a SingSong. Within a few feet of the van, I had my penny. Doc found 2 as well. Inside the store was a long line of customers. I spied a penny and waited patiently to claim it. When one customer kicked the penny, I could no longer restrain myself. I stepped in, handed out a few Penny Cards to the 3-4 gentlemen in line and took my penny. I then explained the story to the audience and spotted another penny under the counter and then 2 more! It made for a fun show and shared smiles. (Coins #4-10 at that stop).

At 5 pm there were zero cars at the Carl’s Jr. and Taco Bell drive throughs. How unusual is that at such a major intersection? Couldn’t resist walking those. One dime and 3 pennies (Coins #11-14)

Doc noted: We collected 7 pennies, then 4 more coins = 11. So 7 / 11 at the 7-11 stop!

Total: 14 Coins P (10), N (0), D (3), Q (1) = $0.65

P.S. Now I’m off to pack my suitcase. We leave in a few hours. Off to Nevada to work with some friends on drywall, painting, electrical work, flooring, etc. (Just warming up for work on our house).

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm soooo happy for your guys!!!
Have a fun trip!