Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day #797 - Special Penny


This morning Doc and I gave a talk to a local Kiwanis Group. Topic: “Solar Car Raycing and Brain Sports”. The audience of 40-50 persons was spirited and we all had a fun time. Good thing I didn’t know the titles / occupations of some of these people. I would have been much more nervous! (There was a city mayor, directors of hospitals, city council members, etc.) Doc was calm, cool and collected as usual. He made a great, technically competent “Vanna White” and deftly displayed our various props.

This afternoon Doc and I visited the job site. Not sure why the equipment was all neatly parked and there was no activity. It looks like the majority of the grading is ready for Certification.

Needed to find a coin, so we stopped at a CVS store. Searched dligently throughout the store. Finally, upon leaving, Doc glanced back and spotted a dark blob in a busy check out line. I investigated. A quarter! (Coin #1).

Outside the store Doc found a dirt penny in a planter. (Coin #2)

We were being playful and searching in the concrete cracks. Found one penny there. (Coin #3). I was using my pocket tool to pry out the coin when the shopping center patrol officer came by. He asked, “Did you find something there?” I said, “A penny”. He replied, “Must be a Special Penny”. Yes sir, they all are.

Total: 3 Coins P (2), N (0), D (0), Q (1) = $0.27

No comments: