Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day #796 - Brain Sports



Tonight I “gave at the office” and don’t want to write any more. Doc and I have been asked to give a talk tomorrow morning. Topic: Solar car racing and the encouragment of Brain Sports. I just spent a few hours doing the rehearsing and last minute, fine tuning for that talk, so my “creative writing” reservoir is now empty.

The earth moving equipment on our construction site does not quite have the same, sleek, light-weight, energy efficient design of our solar cars! J

***************

Doc got the first coin for the day (a Sit-N-Find shiny penny) at Johnny’s Burgers with his breakfast. (Coin #1). Another penny (and also a foregone quarter embedded in a crack) at Chick-fil-A with his lunch. (Coin #2).

Next, Doc wanted his Starbucks coffee. The store he chose did not have a drive through, so Doc tossed me out of the van to walk the nearby Burger King. No coins. As I walked across the parking lot to rejoin Doc, I thought, “This parking lot has been repaved recently. I am not very likely to find a coin between here and the van”. Wrong! Within seconds I found a penny! (Coin #3)

***************

We visited the construction site. Grader Craig, waved as he drove off to dump another load of rocks at the local rock site. I sure hated to see Big Mo sitting idle. Now just HOW does one operate this device?

***************

On the way to the freeway, we stopped at the 7-11 station to fuel the van. I collected a dime, penny and nickel from under the counter. (Coins #4-6).

Then I walked next door to the car wash in search of a phone book for the local area. Two pennies en route there. (Coins #7&8). At the car wash the rack of phone books was empty, so I questioned the cashier about it. She was absolutely delightful. A person with a great smile who seemed to glow. As I exited the sales area, I spotted a penny in the planter, then another and another. 7 dirt pennies. (Coins #9-15). The cashier noticed my strange activities through the glass doors. Of course, I needed to go back to tell her about Penny Tales and give her a Penny Card. Shared JOY.

Meanwhile had Doc fuelled the van and was getting impatient for my return. So he hunted at the 7-11 and found three pennies which I had overlooked! (Coin #16-18) 15 at that stop make it a Coin Mine!

Doc stopped to buy a pair of school shoes for when he begins teaching again. He got new shoes while I got the bill for them and one penny. (Coin #19)

Total: 19 Coins P (17), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.32

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I like the picture of you in the truck. Do I see a new career in your future! Hee hee