Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day #779 - Super Bowl Day

This morning Doc and I went for breakfast and our planning session. Then we dropped a letter off for someone (just a smile note) and there was a penny between the van and her front door! (Coins #1)

We stopped for petrol where Doc found one penny while fuelling and I found 3 pennies by the air pump. (Coins #2-4)

Then Doc and I headed to campus because he had some parts being produced and needed to check on the machine. We entered one lab to drop off some items and took a quick look around. Did not see coins - initially. Then Doc spotted a dime where I had just looked! (Mushroom coin). Then I spied a penny, then another! (Coins #5-8).

This must be a national Holiday or something! The campus was deserted. Even the ducks were hiding elsewhere. I visited one study room. The lights were off, and it was vacant except for trash and a dime. (Coin #9).

I went to the second study room and found a nickel. (Coin #10). I said, “Penny Angels how about a quarter to Hit for the Cycle?” I walked about 10 ft., looked at the sofa and found a quarter, nickel, and penny there! Talk about INSTANT answers! (Coins #11-13).

We took the dogs to get their nails trimmed. While I was inside with Dundee, Doc was walking Sparky. They found a penny in the parking lot. (Coin #14).

***************

We were invited to a Super Bowl party at the home of Daryl, our project manager. That was lots of fun. I didn’t see a single minute of football, but enjoyed speaking with Veronica of The Dog Rescuers, measuring various features of Daryl’s cabinets, talking drywall textures with Cesar, etc. Of course I also told about the penny pendant and passed out several Penny Cards.

After the party, Doc insisted upon stopping at a grocery store. I collected another penny, nickel and dime! (Coins #15-17)

Total: 17 Coins P (10), N (3), D (3), Q (1) = $0.80

Today’s Thoughts: People are really fanatical about football!

No comments: