Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day #869 - Plumbing

Today we worked on plumbing - morning, noon, and night.

For years the drain in our kitchen sink has become increasingly difficult to deal with. Recently it even spewed as high as my face when I activated the garbage disposer. One night last week it actually refused to drain, so this morning I took action and conducted surgery. The guts were not pretty. The intestinal tract was blocked and the smell was awful. Norman assisted by snoring nearby (see Work Like A Dog yesterday) while Doc played surgeon’s assistant and handed me the necessary equipment. Things are flowing better now.

This afternoon Doc and I went out to the jobsite. Plumber Bryan and son Jake were installing all the copper supply lines. Exciting to see. I crawled under the house to collect all the trash before the floor insulation covers it over.

This evening we met with one of Doc’s cousins who was attending a Marine Biology conference at CPP. She has built a house and is a pilot, so it was a fascinating evening. She would like to retire and build another home! That was encouraging. She was so enthusiastic about her building experiences that we actually drove her out to our jobsite to share ours with her.

***************

Penny Finding:

Doc detoured through Starbucks on the way to the jobsite. I collected two nickels under the window. The cashier wondered why I (as passenger) was scrounging under the window. So I smiled, and gave her a Penny Card to explain the insanity.

One penny at the grocery store this afternoon.

Total: 3 Coins P (1), N (2), D (0), Q (0) = $0.11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One meager card could not come close to explaining the amount of insanity involved.