Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day #893 - Called to Serve

Last night I created my Task List for today with dozens of items and such ambitious intentions. This morning as I was about to embark on my work day, the phone rang and totally changed my course of action.

One of our subcontractors called and asked for assistance with a project. She has been such a great asset to the team; I had to try and help her. That took until noon. By this afternoon, things had been somewhat resolved and I felt glad to be of service.

Things were really moving at the job site. Grader Craig was bringing in more truckloads of dirt for the front yard. The framing crew was erecting walls for the Master Bedroom and Bathroom. Minor adjustments were discussed in “nudging” some of the doors a few inches.

On the way home I realized I needed a coin for today. Was “nudged” to stop at a fast-food place by the freeway. That store usually has a long line of cars, so I was very surprised when I walked around the corner to discover no cars, just two quarters! (Coins #1&2). I knew Doc would give me grief if I didn’t collect a penny. “How can you have Penny Tales without a penny?” so I continued looking. Found a dime and two pennies under the counter at the convenience store. (Coins #3-5).

At school Doc held the end-of-term Bridge Design Competition for his students. The winning bridge weighed only 14 g, but was able to carry over 19,000 grams (42 lbs.)

This afternoon and early evening I spent a few hours working with a student on a Letter of Interest. There was no one else to help her with this task and I felt Called to Serve and assist.

This past weekend a friend asked Doc and I for a Letter of Recommendation and said she would provide more information. Tonight she called. The letter is due tomorrow! That is not what Doc needed to hear when he walked through the front door at 9:30 PM. He was tired. He brought home an empty lunch pail, lots of student papers, his monthly paycheck, and his treasured coin finds -- 4 pennies (two from the vending machine area and two from the men’s bathroom). (Doc Coins #1-4)

Total: 9 Coins P (6), N (0), D (1), Q (2) = $0.66

Lesson: Consider it a blessing not a burden when you are Called to Serve. It means you are needed, capable, and trusted.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Very cool! I love seeing the videos of the progress!!! I liked your topic on this one too, being of service... it's a good reminder!!!
Sending you angels for swift progress!!!

Anonymous said...

'Bout time. Your email had day 892 in the title and didn't arrive until 18:51 Wednesday, but fear not, the blog posting has Tuesday's date and 893, and that's what being preserved for posterity. In perpetuity. In saecula seculorum. Amen (I’ve italicized the Latin, but that won’t survive the paste into the comment block).