Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, May 23, 2011

Day #884 - Desert Fun

On Day #870 I was ‘nudged’ to buy a swimsuit even though I haven’t worn one for 5-6 years. The next day we received a Gift Certificate from a friend for a stay at Miracle Springs Spa. It had to be used within a month. Today we used the swimsuit and the Certificate.

We began our trip by fueling the van. Found two dirt pennies at the gas station. (Coins #1&2)

Doc had not yet found any coins, so he cruised the high school parking lot. Two dimes, three pennies. (Coins #3-7). One penny was a Sit-N-Find.

We arrived at the hotel around 1 PM. Official check in was not until 4 PM. What to do? Lunch and Penny Finding of course! So we explored Desert Hot Springs.

The nearest 7-11 was just across the street. Three pennies to be found there. (Coins #8-10). Lunch was at Sidewinders Café. A very local old place. As I was ordering my food I noticed a penny under a nearby table. (Coin #11). After lunch we cruised the town. There was another 7-11. One penny there. (Coin #12).

Our next stop was Kmart. I forgot to pack sunscreen and knew it would cost more at the spa. Sure enough $5 at Kmart, $16 at the spa. (I couldn’t help checking the price at the spa gift shop). When Doc walked into Kmart he immediately spotted a silver. I collected a penny. Then Doc found another dime in almost the same spot when departing! I must have walked right past it. (Coins #13-15).

We had time in the pool and a lovely dinner. Went for a short moonlit walk. Returned to the hotel lobby. I checked emails for a few moments while Doc sat patiently and watched me. Until he spotted a penny under the table, then he was all action!! (Coin #16).

By then it was 9 PM. Doc got into pajamas and watched TV. I went to the lobby to read, people watch, research fireplace inserts and embroider.

Total: 16 Coins P (12), N (0), D (4), Q (0) = $0.52

1 comment:

Chaz DeSimone said...

You and Doc deserve a nice time at this beautiful spa. So glad you did that. I've been to Sidewinders - great little diner. If you ever go through Roubidoux be sure and stop at Grandma's Kitchen. Whole fish on the plate with the eyes staring at you. Save room for homemade pie.