Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day #898 - More

I was content with my single dime find, but Doc is an addict and wanted more.

This morning Doc went to CPP to work. I did things at home like meeting three new neighbors, updating the neighborhood watch map, updating my Alumni database from school, researching fireplaces, etc.

***************

On Doc’s way home from school he stopped at McDonalds for a snack and a penny. (Coin #1) He said there were more coins at the window which he could not get, so a few hours later when we went grocery shopping, we stopped there first. The line of cars was too long, so I looked at the nearby KFC instead. Collected my dime (Coin #2) and was done.

Doc insisted we search the car wash for more coins before leaving. We each found two pennies. (Coins #3-6).

Doc next insisted we search at the high school parking lot. I found a token and a shiny penny. (Coin #7) Doc returned to the van saying “I have 5 more pennies”. Then he opened his hand to discover more than he expected -- 4 pennies and a dime! (Coins #8-12).

Doc found a penny in the parking lot when we stopped to check his mailbox. (Coin #13).

No coins in either of the first two grocery stores, but several coins at the third store. Before we even began shopping I collected a dime and 3 pennies. (Coins #14-17). Doc found a Mexican peso and a 50 centavos coin. (Coins #18&19). While paying for our groceries and returning to the van we collected 5 more pennies. (Coins #20-24).

The phone was ringing as we arrived home. My brother Mike (who lives 3 houses away) needed assistance for a few minutes. There were 3 more pennies in the street as I walked down to his house. (Coins #25-27).

Just ordinary coin finds today. Nothing particularly interesting stands out. I think tonight I will glue more Penny Cards and log in the Penny Finds for May. Let’s see what those totaled?

Total: 25 US + 2 Mexican Coins P (22), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.52 + 1.5 Pesos + a token

No comments: