Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, June 6, 2011

Day #899 - Details

This morning I reached in a drawer for a tube of chap stick and grabbed a glue stick instead! Good thing I looked at the label before applying it. Details. (Although Doc might have taken delight in having my mouth kept shut for a while)! LOL.

***************

At 8 AM this morning there was an incoming call from Project Manager, Daryl. I expected an outline for this week. Instead he said that our tool shed had been broken into and all of Danny’s and my tools were gone. Not a good start to the week. Separate story to follow tomorrow. Suffice it to say that the Penny Angels have been assigned to that Special Finding Case because the odds of regaining construction tools are pretty slim.

At the jobsite, after meeting with our assigned police officer, Framer Danny and I were waiting for his call back with further instructions. Danny and I used that time to pull out the plans and discuss some of the finishing details for the Main Entrance and Grand Room. It was a good chance to focus on those details.

I was at the jobsite until around 3 PM dealing with “details”. As I was driving to the freeway, the phone rang, so I pulled into an AM/PM parking lot to see who had called. As long as I was already parked, I might as well look for today’s coin(s). One shiny penny at the front door and one under the pay counter. (Coins #1&2)

As I exited the freeway and was stopped at the end of the offramp, I thought. “If Doc were here, he would be looking for his median find. I will not look! Because if I see one, I won’t know what to do. It is too busy here and there is a car behind me and it is too cumbersome to put my truck in neutral, apply the brake, unstrap the seatbelt (which does not work well), open the truck door (the latch also does not work well), and jump out for a silly coin!” I looked. There was a penny. I sat and debated … then hopped out. But the truck in the other lane started moving! Rats! I thought I had more time. Did not see the penny, so hopped back in the truck. But my signal was still red! The penny was still there!. Hopped back out and fetched it. The driver behind me must have thought I was insane! (Coin #3) I later discovered it was a Canadian penny.

My next stop was a stone and tile place. I looked carefully several times around the desk area (remembering our recent finds at the spiral staircase shop). No coins. Xavier, the shop owner came in, sat down and began looking at the details of my fireplace design. A penny appeared under his chair! (Coin #4). So I traded him that penny for a Penny Card and told him and his wife about Penny Finders.

At 6:30 PM Doc called regarding dinner plans. At first he suggested Mexican, but today had been spicy enough! Instead we went for a quiet Chinese dinner where we were two of only six people in the restaurant, the music was quiet, prices fairly cheap, there was warm soothing tea, and Doc’s penny for today in the doorway as we arrived. (Coin #5)

Total: 4 US and one Canadian penny

1 comment:

JR said...

The palace is taking shape, but can't you keep *yourself* in the vehicle? The driver behind you
is your least of your worries about those thinking you're insane.