Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, June 10, 2011

Day #903 - Flexible

Sometimes surprises occur and it’s good to be flexible.

Today Doc was supposed to be grading exams. Of course the first thing he wanted to do was make his run for coffee and food. He doesn’t like doing things alone, so he dragged me along. I tried to be flexible and enjoy the surprise plans in my day. Doc tossed me out at the shopping center across the street from Starbucks so that I could at least search for coins while he was foraging.

I uttered a SingSong as I hopped out of the van. “Hey Penny Angels won’t you come out to play?” Within seconds I had a dirt penny. (Coin #1) As I bent to retrieve it, surprise! -- there was a nickel and two shiny pennies nearby. (Coins #2-4).

I walked across the parking lot and stopped to scrape the caked-on dirt off the penny before putting it in my pocket. I watched the dirt falling to the ground and there was a penny by my foot! (Coin #5).

Since Doc had not yet returned to fetch me, I wandered into the grocery store. Five pennies there. (Coins #6-10). Once outside the store, I paused to record my findings. There was a penny on the bench next to me. (Coin #11).

***************

Around noon we received a phone call - the trusses will be delivered tomorrow! What? The truss company had previously told us Monday. No one will be at the jobsite tomorrow. Of course numerous phone calls were made and Danny has agreed to be there to offload the truck. Good thing he is flexible If the truck leaves Yuma Arizona at 3-4 AM we should see it before noon.

The sample tiles finally arrived. I have arranged them on my kitchen counter so that as I am preparing food or washing dishes or even just walking through the room, I can mentally play with various configurations. Requesting Artistic Angel assistance.

Total: 11 Coins P (10), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.15

***************

This is the point where today’s Penny Tales initially ended … No ideas, ‘flexible’ was not part of it. Then I asked for ideas …

Almost immediately, I heard a little dog barking. It sounded like it was coming from next door. But they do not have a dog? I heard it again. Nothing can catch my attention faster than a dog in need. But it did not sound hurt. But my curiosity was raised; I had to go out and investigate.

There was no dog next door, but there was a large dog running loose on the sidewalk in front of my house. I got her attention and was able to get next to her. She led me to her house and tried to get back into the yard. The gate was locked. She had escaped underneath the automatic garage door which was raised approximately a foot high. Another dog (Spencer was the name on the tag) was stuck there and trying frantically to get released.

Another neighbor, Mike, came to assist. He brought a flashlight and a leash to keep Dog #1 (Eden) from running loose. He also brought the Neighborhood Watch map which I had just updated last week. He called the owners. No answer.

Mike realized the dog could not stay like that all night and neither could we. Good thing he is flexible! He managed to climb over the 6 ft. gate and gain access to the garage from the rear door. He then disengaged the garage door and we released Spencer.

Happy Tails for Penny Tales!

When I returned home, I told Doc that in this situation, Neighbor Mike was better than Husband Mike. Husband Mike is not so young and flexible any more! LOL

Lesson: Don’t ask the Angels for ideas unless you are prepared to be FLEXIBLE.

No comments: