Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day #894 - In the Dirt

Doc and I spent the entire day together in doing many different things. Our first appointment was at school to drop off that Letter of Recommendation we wrote last night. Next there was a stop at the Alumni Affairs office to drop off the reunion invitations which I finally finished addressing last night. Then we drove out to Riverside for an appointment at a Fireplace showroom.

Our meeting was for 9:30 and we were almost there … Then a train crossing guard came down in front of us. Rats! I was frustrated. I hate being late. Doc said, “Well let’s at least look for pennies while we are at a stand still.” He looked out his window and spotted a penny in the dirt! He hopped out, but couldn’t find it. He hopped back in the car saying, “I can’t see it.” He sat there looking and saying, “I am missing it. Can’t find it.” I scolded him. Change that to, “Open my eyes to see the penny.” He changed his mumbling, spotted the penny, hopped out, claimed it, and was back in his seat and buckled by the time the train passed. (Coin #1)

We had a great meeting at the fireplace shop. The owner and sales rep were each talking to us at 90 mph. Overwhelming data for 1.5 hours.

**************

After the meeting Doc and I were hungry, so we stopped for lunch. As we were leaving Doc paid the bill, then went to the restroom. I stood in the waiting area. As Doc returned, he stopped at the cash register and was paying for something. He had the silliest look on his face. Almost mischievous. I thought he was buying a cookie or a pastry and I was going to strangle the man. But I sensed something different? He walked over to me and said, “Let’s get out of here now” with nothing in his hand. I was confused. As we were leaving, he explained: “I was nudged to buy lunch for the three service men sitting over by the men’s bathroom. I wanted to leave quickly because the waitress was telling them what I had done”. Gotta Love that man! Acts of Random Kindness. (ARKs) Doc shared how some stranger had bought him an ice cream or soda when he was young and it had made a lasting impression on him. As we returned to our parked van, there was a penny next to it. (Coin #2) The Angels were saying, “Good Job!”

**************

Doc and I spent a few minutes at the job site. Grader Craig has brought in several more loads of dirt. Doc just could not resist grabbing my shovel, standing in the dirt, and leveling out the entryway to the front door. The framing crew continues to raise more walls.

Doc and I stopped at several more places. When we reached Target I said, “Penny Angels I am going home after this. If I am to find a coin today, this is your last opportunity to provide one”. Inside the store I found 6 pennies and Doc found one. (Coins #3-9)

Total: 9 Pennies

1 comment:

JR said...

The palace is taking shape, but can't you keep Doc in the vehicle?