Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, July 13, 2009

Day #206 - Doc Substitutes

Today I woke up, called the office to request a sick day, and went back to bed. I was wondering how I would find my Penny for the Day if I was going to stay home. After this many days of Penny Finding, you’d think by now I could just Trust and Believe in the Penny Angels.

Late morning I got out of bed, showered, dressed and was doing minor tasks around the house. Something in my shoe kept bugging me. I thought perhaps my sock was all bunched up, but no, it was a Penny! How many times now has a penny manifested in my shoe?

Doc headed to McDonalds and asked me if I wanted anything. “Just a few coins, please!” He returned with three pennies.

Late this afternoon Doc called in to say he was Penny Finding again. He has an Extreme Case of Penny Fever. He went through great detail of each discovery. It is pretty funny to hear how excited this well-educated professor gets over a simple penny! Engineers are not generally known for their enthusiasm.

Doc needed his coffee - again. He found a dime and 3 pennies at Starbucks. Then he stopped at Circle K where he retrieved 2 pennies and a dime. “The dime was 90% hidden under the ice machine, but I spotted it! I couldn’t quite reach it, so I had to use my eyeglass case to extract it.”

Doc has been wanting to go back to the gas station where he found that Coin Mine on Day #200. Today he was “just passing by on my way home”. Sure he was. J He just couldn’t resist the temptation to go look. He unearthed 13 pennies, 1 nickel, 1 dime, and 1 Quarter. That makes a combined 28 coins today with another Hit for the Cycle.

Lesson: A good Substitute, along with Penny Angels, makes for a Winning Day.

No comments: