Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day #214 - Hit for the Cycle

I really hoped for a “slow” day of PennyFinding today. I carved out 12 minutes before my workout this morning to quickly walk through Diner’s row in hopes of finding today’s coin. McDonalds was super crowded and it was not possible to strike between cars, so I headed to the car wash instead. Walked through all the wash bays and found no coins. Finally one penny at the vacuum cleaner area. Done. But there were still a few minutes to walk, so I lapped around the Taco Bell. There was a quarter at the outdoor dining area! Yipee. (Coins #1&2)

***************

When I returned home after my workout, Doc was leaving to report in at Weight Watchers. Tina: “Please Honey, do not actively search for coins today. I need to catch up with the Tales for the past few days and other household things -- please!”

Doc: “I just need two coins - to keep up with you. And I want them to be a nickel and dime in order to ‘Hit for the Cycle”. He has Penny Fever.

After about 20 minutes Doc called in saying, “I’m at the grocery store. I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself. I spotted a dime behind a vending machine. When I went to retrieve it I saw a penny, then a nickel, then a quarter, then 5 more pennies. I guess I ‘Hit for the Cycle as I wanted to. (Coins #3-11) And the Penny Angels once again superceded my basic request. I just asked for two coins and they sent much more.”

That coin counting machine had always been in that position, but today, for some reason, the neighboring machine had been removed. Conditions had been just ever so slightly altered which allowed for new viewing points.

***************

At work I arrived to find two pennies taped to my door from Penny Pal K.C.. Both coins found on campus within the past 2 days. (Indirect Finds)

Co-worker J.R. asked if I had searched the vending machines yet today. I told him only the East side ones. He left the room, returned a few minutes later, tossed a penny on my desk and said, “Here’s a penny from the West side machines”. He has a moderate case of Penny Fever and likes the competitive aspects of the sport. (Indirect Find).

***************

Doc called in from Home Depot around 8:45 p.m. where he and son, Stephen were shopping. “Sorry Honey. There was a dime as I was leaving the store, then another in the parking lot. I could not just walk over them”. (Coins #12&13)

Today’s Total: 13 Coins Q (2), D (3), N(1), P (7) = $0.92


Today’s Lesson: Very slight changes in routine conditions can provide brand new and fruitful opportunities.

No comments: