Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day #201 - Day of Plenty



Yesterday’s find of 123 coins on Day #200 was pretty spectacular. I did suggest to the Penny Angels that it be an impressive day. A normal day of Penny Finding might be 4-8 coins.

I expected today to be a quiet day. Doc suggested I go with him to Starbucks and then we could hit one or two other places to quickly look for today’s coin. His comment, “At Starbucks the floors are being swept frequently throughout the day, so a coin find there is not likely.” While Doc got his coffee, I walked the parking lot. He emerged with a penny found in the middle of the floor. (Coin #1).

***************

I must have Penny Fever. Left the house without breakfast -- just eager to go PennyFinding. We were hungry so we made a quick drive through the nearest McDonalds. There was a shiny penny under the first window. I retrieved it and signaled to Doc that was all. He replied, “There’s a penny about 3” from your foot. You are practically on top of it!” (Coins #2&3).

He then mentioned, “And I see some very dirty coins in the planter.” I began collecting them … 1, 2, 3, 4, ……then an approaching car made it impractical to continue. I emerged from the bushes with 27 ? pennies. (Coins #4-30).

***************

During the afternoon, we took the van in for a brake inspection. Both of us searched the waiting area (which was not a very large space). No coins spotted. Then Doc noticed where some baseboard was missing. There was maybe a ½” gap of missing tile - just big enough for a trapped penny. (Coin #31)

We went out to watch the mechanics work on the car. No one went into the waiting area during those few minutes. When we returned to pay, there was a penny on the floor. Mushroom coin. (Coin #32)

***************


At school for some reason I walked into the Fluids Lab. Spotted several coins in the drainage channel. I couldn’t resist getting them. Called Doc to report a Coin Mine. (*) He came down to the lab to move the metal grating so I could sift through the debris and extract 19 Pennies and one dime.

(*) Coin Mine: Zone where at least a dozen coins exist. Often times the “precious metals” are encased in dirt or debris. May require mining tools to extract.

I did not expect to find 52 coins today.

Are the Angels indicating that we should continue this Adventure?

Let’s see where it leads next …


No comments: