Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day #208 - Walking Team

Today on the way to work I quickly walked through Diner’s Row and hoped for coins. Some people need their morning coffee, I need my morning Penny Find. I found the pennies at McDonalds - one at the first window and one at the second. The Angel’s 2¢ worth for today.

From December through June, I had a 20 week, 20 lb. weight loss goal. When that ended, I pretty much stopped the regular walking and have been eating way too much. Not a good combination.

At work today I attended a Workshop on Kaiser’s 10,000 Step Program. At the end of the workshop, we were divided into teams and told that beginning tomorrow, each team will virtually Walk Across America from LA to New Jersey! I sure wasn’t prepared to be “assigned” to a walking program for the next few weeks? Essentially each team member

needs to walk their daily 10,000 steps and the miles will be added together to race against the other teams.

We had only a few moments to meet the other team members, exchange

information and determine a name for the team. I, of course, proposed PennyFinders! I quickly told the PF story and that we could all look for coins which could be donated once we hit the finish line. The other members agreed! So, beginning tomorrow we will Penny Find as we virtually walk across America.

Doc stopped at McDonalds on his way home. “Just for a snack to hold him over until dinner”. He collected a nickel and two dimes. Nice.

Today’s total: 5 D (2), N(1), P (2)

Lesson: Some times the Penny Angels know better than we do as to which path we should be taking. We need to follow the subtle as well as the not-so-subtle directions.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Have fun with the new program (assignment) from the angels! I think this might be a great way to learn to mesh PennyFinders with Fitness and other programs!- Mandy