Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day #260 - Inspired

This Penny Tale is being written a day late - not because I was out of town or did not have a computer. I was working on floor plans and the site plan for the new house and just did not want to be diverted with writing Penny Tales. I needed every ounce of creativeness for the plans. I started working yesterday afternoon and kept working until I noticed the clock at 5:30 AM this morning. Talk about Inspired! I hoped when Doc looked at the plans that he would be in agreement with most of them.

We had a 10 AM appointment at the Realtors to sign the first set of Escrow documents. Of course Doc needed to get Starbucks coffee in order to function intelligently. This was a different store and it did not look too promising as we placed our order. I got to the window and the gal asked about our two hot chocolates! (Doc had ordered one half caff). While she was correcting our order, I had time to collect coins. There were sooo many, I was using both hands! Two Handed Pickin’. I felt like a chicken with a pile of scratch. Within moments I retrieved 2 pennies, 2 dimes, 7 nickels (Wow!) and a quarter. A Hit for the Cycle in less than a minute! (Coins #1-12).

We drove a few hundred feet to the signal. I was counting the coins and recording the activities when Doc declared. “Median Penny” and hopped out of the van. His comment was, “Oh SH….!” It was embedded in a tar repair patch. But Doc pried it loose! Meanwhile the signal had turned green and the cars behind us were wanting to proceed. He hopped back in the van saying triumphantly, “No Penny Left Behind!” That man has serious Penny Fever. The penny is now Stuck on the Starbucks receipt. (Coin #13)

We proceeded to the Realtors office. Signed the first set of documents.

Over one hundred pages and it is for a bare parcel! Yes, we choose NOT to get the Homeowner’s Inspection. No, we do not want Appliance and Home Warranty insurance. Yes, we do realize California has earthquakes, etc. ;-) Escrow should now close within the next 10 days.



The next stop was Trader Joes for some lunch salads and groceries. As we were chatting on the way in, Doc continued his normal conversation and casually said, “there’s another penny” almost with a yawn. Then did the same thing inside the store at the salads as I was recording that first penny. He Quacks me up! Then he snagged another one from the feet of a senior citizen who was in the check out line. (Coins #14-16).

Got home, ate a quick lunch, then worked on floor plans and new house ideas until 5:30 AM Sunday.

Today’s Total: 16 coins P (6), N (7), D (2), Q (1) = $0.86

Things are exciting and moving forward.

No comments: